Saturday, September 1, 2007

Luck and the Midgets

Last night at about 12:30 in the A.M, I heard a loud THUMP from upstairs, followed immediately by LOUD screaming, Midget # 2 had fallen out of bed, she had hurt her little arm, but her main concern was her Care Bear, she just laid there screaming... CARE BEAR, CARE BEAR!!! I found the infamous Care Bear, and somehow my little midget made her way to my bed:) Sleeping with her is like sleeping with a heating blanket, she is the hottest little thing, and she never stops moving, so needless to say I didn't sleep very well, at some point in the middle of the night, I reached over to find her, and my arms found her teetering on the edge of the bed, I tried to pull her closer to me, and in her sleep she fought and screamed every inch of the way, I finally held her close to me and said, " YOU WERE ON THE EDGE AGAIN, DO YOU WANT TO FALL OFF!..... She just rolled over and snuggled up to me, unaware of her imminent danger.

At first I laid there thinking, " I am a parent now, I guess my job is to keep them off of the edge ( So to speak) and to keep them safe. " Wow, I m a parent, I have these two little amazing midgets, that love me unconditionally, I am so lucky" I had never looked at it like that before, to me it was a package deal, I loved there Dad ( beyond words) and they came with the ( cute) package. ( Get your mind out of the gutter C-dawg) They don't even seem like the same little kids, My first week as their Mother, I fixed them cereal for Breakfast and I put milk in Nicks cereal ( Like you normally would) and he told me evil like " EVERYBODY IN THIS HOUSE KNOWS YOU DON'T PUT MILK IN MY CEREAL!" I went upstairs and cried. Heather would only sleep in a laundry basket not her bed. ( I think she felt secure there)

I guess my point is, all this time I had been thinking how lucky they were to have me. There real Mom isn't that great. But the truth is I AM LUCKY TO KNOW AND HAVE THEM! I am so lucky and so blessed, even when they are screaming at me, or throwing up, or sleeping with me and keeping me up all night:) I am lucky because they are a blessing, they have shown me what real unconditional love is, OK, so this sounds like a talk you would give in church.... but I had to write it down. I love those guys and I truly am lucky:)

No comments: