Friday, May 2, 2008

Help

I have a problem, ( some of you may think... "You have a lot of problems") my son doesn't want want to go to Texas with his Mom..... he prayed about it and said he received the answer that he was supposed to stay here with us.... so Chris told his Mom that Nick did not want to go.. she handled it a lot better then I thought she would... so Nick was relieved... SOOOOO last night he changes his mind.. " I just can't decide" he says to me...... I reminded him of his answer to his prayer.... it was to no avail.... how do I handle this? I really don't want him to go.. I have a bad feeling every time I think about it!  Nick loves drama and attention, and I am sure that this is what this is all about.. but I DON"T WANT HIM TO GO!!!! HELP!!!!

6 comments:

cryssal said...

Sign him up for swimming lessons. Get him excited about something here. Have him help with getting Ben's room ready. Just keep him busy with "Fun" stuff. Swimming is also a useful skill.

Kristen said...

Although I think he should have some kind of relationship with his mom, nut or otherwise, I think this could also be a lesson on sticking with the choices you make and living out the consequence. You went to bat for him in a big deal situation and he needs to follow through. Crystal's answer was alot nicer. I'm not a mom yet. I teach fifth grade.

Robin said...

Man, that's a hard one! I remember my mom making me stay with my dad and I use to get soooo mad at her for making me. Although now I'm happy for those few times I spent with my dad.

Jen said...

OK, so since you don't know me I can be objective........by the way, is his sister going? He has a sister right? I think I am getting the situations right.......ok, so what I think is that you stick with what he said in the first place, and do a FHE on promptings of the spirit and how you have to obey them and they come for a reason, and then do what my super smart and lovely sis in law said and get him excited to stay! Like how he can't leave his new baby sibling!

Sugarlene said...

I'm coming in a little late on this one...sorry...but I just read it. I am Chrystal's sister-in law Shirline. My first question is how old is Nick? How long have you had him in your care? How long is the trip? Is his sister going? How old is she? Having had years of experience in dealing with a mentally ill mother of my four step-sons, I hope I can help. They've probably already gone to Texas right? HA! Let me know if they have already gone.....

Sugarlene said...

my email address is shirlinet@yahoo.com